Change RE: Appointments
At Bittner Dentistry for Kids the health and well-being of our patients, employees, and our community is our top priority. We understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and we are committed to being responsive to the needs of our patients as the situation evolves.We would like to reassure you that although we already utilize standard disease control precautions as outlined by the CDC, we are currently exceeding these precautions to further help prevent the spread of this virus and maintain a safe environment for you.
To help protect the safety of all our patients and staff, we ask anyone that currently feels ill or has felt ill in the past 48 hours, or if you have traveled out of state within the past 2 weeks to please reschedule your appointment.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR CHILD’S UPCOMING APPOINTMENT:
• We will send out a text, 1 hr. prior to the appointment, that will include a pre-screening form that will need to be filled out for each patient being seen.
• Masks are required for all individuals 5 and older to enter the building, unless there is a medical exemption
• We will have someone taking temperatures of all individuals upon entering our office
• After checking your child in for their appointment, WE ARE ENCOURAGING PARENTS TO WAIT IN THEIR VEHICLE FOR THE DURATION OF THE APPOINTMENT to limit the amount of people in our office.
• We will inform you via text when your child is finished, and let you know if you need to check out with us to schedule any additional appointments.
• If no appointments are needed your child is free to go without checking out.
• Your child will be sent home with a report card with details regarding their visit. If you have further questions regarding your child’s visit, please email our office and we will have either Dr. Bittner or Dr. Kendra follow up with you.
*******************If you are not comfortable waiting in your vehicle during the appointment, we are requiring that your child only be accompanied by ONE person. Unfortunately, we cannot allow siblings to tag along at this time unless they are being seen for an appointment.**********************
We know these new rules and regulations are an inconvenience for all, we greatly appreciate your patience with us as we navigate through this. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office. Our team is here to answer any questions that may arise about your child’s dental care.
Thank you for continuing to put your trust in us. Keep Smiling.